With the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong), spaforlifenet.com (“SFL”) is fully committed to this law. SFL collects the personal data on the site for the following various purposes only. Please read the followings for more details on our policies and practices in relation to personal data (also see appendix below):
SFL collects personal data about you from various types of sources and hold such personal data for the following purposes:
- sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events; (See appendix 4)
- marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies; (See Appendix 3 and 6)
- joint marketing schemes with other parties (See Appendix 5 and 6);
- customizing the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your shopping experience at our site and to provide personalized marketing and promotional information;
- fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing; (See appendix 2)
- responding to your inquiries on our products and services;
- membership registration and offering benefits and privileges; (See appendix 1)
- collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients; (See appendix 6)
- conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
- evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
- fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
- SFL members enjoy many privileges, including direct mails, newsletters, participation in special SFL offers and promotions and streamline shopping. Over time we will be expanding membership benefits to include personalized services on the site. When you join SFL, we need to know your name, telephone number, email and mailing addresses, and we request that you complete the profile survey in order to allow us to serve you better.
- When you place an order with SFL, you will be asked to provide details such as credit card number and shipping address. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- We may from time to time organize or host contests and promotions and in doing so ask for information including your name, email and mailing address, telephone number and customer preferences. We'll use this information to notify you if you've won a contest, and to help shape our future contests or promotions.
- We use modes of communication that include direct mail, email and SMS message to communicate with SFL members for our news and special promotions. If members do not want to further receive any of these messages, an opt-out option is provided.
- When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to either third-party web sites or SFL affiliated sites, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Whilst we support the protections of privacy on the Internet, SFL cannot be responsible for the actions of parties outside our web domain.
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and other related companies;
- our vendors and business partners;
- parties which participate in joint marketing scheme with us;
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
- any other person or organization who are bound by confidentiality agreements with us.
Currently, SFL does not sell, trade, give away or rent your personal data to others apart from those parties mentioned above. We may decide to do so with trusted third-party partners in the future, but you can instruct us not to. SFL will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party apart from those mentioned above without your approval.
Access and update of Information. You may check whether SFL holds any of your personal data and, if so, may also request access, update, correct or request a copy of your personal data held by us by e-mailing to email@example.com. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your personal data. SFL will endeavour to respond within 30 days of your request in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A reasonable fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs. SFL will comply with any such request unless it may or is required to refuse to do so under the applicable laws and regulations.
Policy as of 2013.